Best All Natural Shampoo and Conditioner – Top Product Reviews 2017
Are you and your hair ready to ditch the unhealthy, artificial lifestyle? If you’re trying to live a greener life and avoid exposure to toxins and chemicals, the quality of your hair products is important.
Many mainstream shampoos and conditioners contain chemicals like sulfates, artificial colors and fragrances, parabens and other substances that just aren’t good for you. They’re not even good for your hair; many such ingredients can cause dryness and scalp irritation.
Fortunately, you’re not alone in your quest for non-toxic alternatives. There are plenty of all-natural shampoos and conditioners on the market. All that you have to do is find the best one for your needs.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Rated All Natural Shampoo and Conditioner: Quick Comparison
- 2 Solution: Turn to Nature for the Answer
- 3 Reviews of Top Rated All Natural Shampoo and Conditioner Sets in 2017
- 3.1 Art Naturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- 3.2 Maple Holistics Shampoo and Conditioner Set Winter Blend
- 3.3 Alba Botanica Drink It Up Coconut Milk Hawaiian Conditioner and Shampoo Set
- 3.4 Nature’s Gate All Natural Organic Strengthening Biotin Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner
- 3.5 Alba Botanica Natural Mango Hawaiian Shampoo and Conditioner
- 4 Conclusion: Be Patient With Nature
Top Rated All Natural Shampoo and Conditioner: Quick Comparison
|Product Name||Highlights||Rating||Number of Reviews|
|Art Naturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Set||Sulphate Free, 100% Natural||850+|
|Maple Holistics Set||Special for Winters, Safe for Color Treated Hair||1300+|
|Alba Botanica Drink It Up Coconut Milk Hawaiian||Coconut Milk, Calendula & Tropic Oils Based||100+|
|Nature's Gate Biotin Thickening Set||Rich in Jojoba & Rosemerry Oils, Vegan||20+|
|Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Set||Smells Mango, pH Balanced||50+|
=> Scroll down to read detailed review of each product.
Solution: Turn to Nature for the Answer
Mother Nature can clean and condition your hair far better than scientists in a lab. Because they’re slightly more expensive and so many brands are available, you’ll want to choose your all-natural shampoo and conditioner products carefully. Here are a few things that you should consider.
- Seek products containing natural, plant-based ingredients. For even more safety assurance, look for products that carry a certified organic label.
- Keep in mind that natural shampoos may not lather as well as detergent-based ones; this is perfectly normal, and it doesn’t mean that the natural shampoo won’t get your hair clean.
- Don’t assume that all-natural products won’t cause an allergic reaction or scalp irritation. If you’ve had adverse reactions in the past, look for products designed specifically for sensitive skin.
Reviews of Top Rated All Natural Shampoo and Conditioner Sets in 2017
With so many natural brands to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start. We’ve taken some of the guesswork out of the equation. Here are our top five selections for best all-natural shampoo and conditioner.
Art Naturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set
A best-selling duo from Art Naturals, this argan oil shampoo and conditioner set provides a rich and effective natural alternative to mainstream products. Users love its long-lasting scent and its ability to support scalp and hair health through the use of potent antioxidants and rich emollients. With regular use, it can even boost hair growth.
- Contains antioxidant vitamins and argan oil
- Paraben-free and cruelty-free
- BPA-free packaging
- All-natural ingredients
- Both products have a pleasant fragrance
- Shampoo lathers well
- Imparts a lustrous shine
- Adds volume and doesn’t weigh hair down
- May be too rich for oily hair
- Contains retinyl palmitate, which has been banned in some countries
- Product buildup may be seen after long-term use
- May not be a good choice for dandruff sufferers
- Contains a number of chemical ingredients
Maple Holistics Shampoo and Conditioner Set Winter Blend
Maple Holistics Winter Blend set is an all-natural seasonal product that’s popular for its uniquely complex mint fragrance that combines peppermint, eucalyptus, spearmint, bergamot and wild mint essences. Ideal for normal and oily hair, the clarifying shampoo and conditioner are sulfate-free, silicone-free and cruelty-free. They’re made in America and secured with a money-back guarantee.
- Clean, uplifting fragrance
- Conditioner contains eighteen silk amino acids
- Contains jojoba oil, botanical keratin, argan oil, sea buckthorn, pomegranate and aloe
- Soothing and cooling to the skin
- Leaves hair clean, shiny and bouncy
- Amazing, fresh mint fragrance
- Produces an enjoyable tingly feeling
- Excellent for oily and normal hair
- May be too harsh for dry hair
- May irritate sensitive skin
- May cause tangles in tangle-prone hair
Alba Botanica Drink It Up Coconut Milk Hawaiian Conditioner and Shampoo Set
From a leader in natural hair products, the Drink It Up Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner set provides coconut milk for moisture and strength, calendula for heat protection and tropical oils for shine, bounce and volume. Users love the luscious tropical scent and the way it makes hair soft, silky and manageable. The two products work best when used together.
- No sulfates, formaldehyde, parabens, phthalates or artificial colors
- Contains fatty acids to strengthen hair cuticles
- Helps reduce the appearance of split ends
- No animal testing
- Ideal for dry, parched, chemically processed hair
- Affordably priced
- Imparts shine and loosens tangles
- All-natural vegetarian formula
- Low-lathering shampoo
- May not last as long as traditional sulfate-based shampoos
- Not appropriate for extremely oily hair
- Contains sodium chloride
Nature’s Gate All Natural Organic Strengthening Biotin Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner
Designed for thinning hair and hair loss, this Nature’s Gate duo thickens, nourishes and strengthens hair with biotin, panethenol and a variety of botanical ingredients. It’s a great choice for hair loss that’s not caused by hereditary factors. Users love its ability to thicken, condition and give new vitality to limp, thin hair.
- Contains jojoba oil, nettle leaf, rosemary essential oil, borage seed oil, panthenol, vitamins C and E and soy protein
- Organic formula
- Free of sulfates, parabens, and phthalates
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Volumizes thin hair
- Eliminates hair thinning caused by chemical agents
- Produces a lasting shine
- Smooths and softens hair
- Potent fragrance may be irritating to sensitive skin
- Some users report dry hair after use
- May not be effective for certain types of hair loss
- More expensive than similar products
Alba Botanica Natural Mango Hawaiian Shampoo and Conditioner
Another tropical best seller from Alba Botanica, the mango-scented volumizing shampoo and conditioner set is designed to provide feather light nourishment that pampers hair without weighing it down with flattening sulfates and other heavy ingredients. Users love the refreshing smell, the lightweight conditioning and the freedom from harsh detergents.
- Formula is 100 percent vegetarian
- Contains tropical oils, papaya, sweet almond oil, sunflower seed oil, aloe and pineapple extract
- pH balanced
- Never tested on animals
- Fresh, pleasant mango fragrance
- Smoothes away frizz without adding weight
- Softens and detangles hair
- Great for processed hair
- Doesn’t lather as well as some shampoos due to the lack of sulfates
- Somewhat thin, watery formula
- May irritate sensitive skin
- Not 100 percent natural; contains various types of alcohols
Conclusion: Be Patient With Nature
If you’re new to using all-natural shampoo and conditioner, you may be surprised to find that switching to natural products completely changes the way your hair looks and feels. However, keep in mind that it may take several weeks or months for your new products to produce maximum results. Nature takes its time, but it’s worth the wait.