Best Clay Mask for Blackheads – 7 Popular Products in 2017
Has your face become a battleground filled with tiny black spots? Even if you cleanse and exfoliate regularly, those persistent little blackheads love to show up and make all your efforts seem like a waste. They’re unsightly and embarrassing, and if you don’t do something about them, they’ll just keep coming back.
Blackheads are actually hair follicles that have become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. When they’re not covered with healthy skin, they assume the familiar dark color that makes them stand out like flies on a ceiling.
Hormonal changes, bacteria, oily skin, certain prescription drugs and even stress can make the problem worse.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Rated Clay Masks for Blackheads: Quick Comparison
- 2 Clay Masks Are a Great Solution for Blackheads
- 3 Reviews of Top 7 Clay Masks for Blackheads in 2017
- 3.1 Pure Body Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask
- 3.2 Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
- 3.3 Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
- 3.4 Aria Starr Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask
- 3.5 Amaki Skin Care Bentonite Clay Mask
- 3.6 First Botany Cosmeceuticals Dead Sea Mud Mask
- 3.7 Art Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask for Face and Body
- 4 Conclusion: Give Your Mask a Chance to Work
Top Rated Clay Masks for Blackheads: Quick Comparison
|Product Name||Highlights||Rating||Number of Reviews|
|Pure Body Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask||Dead Sea Mud, 100% Natural||9150+|
|Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask||Carbonated Bubbles, Organic Extracts||2450+|
|Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay||100% Natural Bentonite, No Fragrances||9850+|
|Aria Starr Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask||100% Natural with Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil||1450+|
|Amaki Skin Care Bentonite Clay Mask||Sodium Bentonite Clay Powder||500+|
|First Botany Cosmeceuticals Dead Sea Mud Mask||100% Nautral Dead Sea Mud||4250+|
|Art Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask for Face and Body||100% Pure Dead Sea Mud, Organic products||6550+|
=> Scroll down to read detailed review of each product.
Clay Masks Are a Great Solution for Blackheads
Clay masks have been used for centuries to treat various skin problems. They help to remove and prevent blackheads by drawing out oil, sebum and other impurities and leaving the affected hair follicle clean, clear and nourished.
Before you buy a clay mask for removing and preventing blackheads, there are a few things you should know.
- Masks containing kaolin, French green clay and rose clay are the most effective for removing sebum and oil from your pores and are suitable for normal to oily skin.
- Rhassoul or red clay is less irritating to sensitive skin.
- Dead sea clay has a high mineral content that revitalizes skin and may help reduce scars.
Reviews of Top 7 Clay Masks for Blackheads in 2017
Some clay masks are better than others for managing blackheads. Here are seven of the best for you to try.
Pure Body Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask
Harnessing the power of the Dead Sea, this product from Pure Body Naturals stimulates circulation, pulls out toxins and infuses your skin with nutrients as it dries.
Added shea butter, jojoba oil and sunflower oil provide healthy hydration and improve skin texture, making this mask an ideal choice for those with dry skin.
- Regular use may help with pore reduction.
- It has no fragrance to irritate sensitive skin or trigger allergies.
- The added moisturizers alleviate the dryness sometimes associated with clay masks.
- The formula has a thinner consistency than most masks.
- If you have sensitive skin, you may experience burning and redness.
Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
Featuring bentonite and kaolin clays, this mask bubbles away impurities by reacting with the oils in your skin. The effects of carbonation appear several minutes after application.
In addition to clay, this mask contains a number of natural, therapeutic ingredients including green tea extract, matcha powder, charcoal powder and oregano extract.
- The bubbling effect makes this mask a lot of fun to use.
- It deep-cleans pores and delivers great results after only a few uses.
- It contains parabens and sulfates.
- It may cause burning if you apply it too close to your eyes or nose.
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
Aztec Secret Clay mask offers the world’s most powerful facial in a simple, pure form without ingredients that you don’t need. Unlike prepared masks, you must mix this product with water or apple cider vinegar before applying.
It’s a popular choice among vegans and those who are avoiding artificial ingredients.
- It’s a powerful product that produces results quickly.
- The powdered formula is 100 percent natural and contains no chemical additives or animal products.
- It’s economical; you get a large amount of product for a reasonable price.
- It’s a bit messier and more complicated to use than prepared masks.
- If you have sensitive skin, some redness, tingling or burning may occur.
Aria Starr Beauty Dead Sea Mud Mask
Designed with blackhead management in mind, Aria Starr’s popular Dead Sea Mud mask is a professional spa formula that includes shea butter and jojoba oil, minerals from the Dead Sea add healthy doses of magnesium, calcium, bromide, sulphur, potassium, zinc and more.
- The creamy Dead Sea mask delivers effective blackhead removal with less stinging or burning than some other masks.
- You skin feels smooth and soft after use.
- It has a light, soft fragrance.
- Your results may not be the same every time you use the mask.
- If you have sensitive skin, redness, itching and burning may occur.
- In some cases, acne may get worse after using the product.
Amaki Skin Care Bentonite Clay Mask
Like a quality clay mask should, Amaki’s bentonite mask pulls out oil and dirt and reduces pore size. It contains pure bentonite clay sourced from Wyoming, USA. The powdered clay is mixed with water before application, so the jar will last for months.
Its cost-effective nature makes it popular among those with tight budgets.
- It includes a mask brush for easy application and less mess.
- It leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- It provides great supportive care for oily skin.
- You have to mix the clay with water, so it can be a little messy.
- It may be difficult to get the right consistency using water alone.
First Botany Cosmeceuticals Dead Sea Mud Mask
First Botany’s 100 percent natural, all-in-one formula draws out oils and impurities and leaves nutrients in their place.
With Dead Sea minerals like magnesium, calcium and potassium, it nourishes skin to improve overall health and texture while reducing pore size and combating blackheads.
It’s a favorite pick of those who seek the extra benefits of mineral therapy.
- It doesn’t make your skin feel dry or tight like many other masks do.
- Its thick consistency makes it easy to apply.
- It’s completely fragrance-free.
- Dead Sea mud offers anti-aging benefits in addition to pore cleansing and detoxification.
- Your skin may feel itchy or irritated while the mask is drying.
- It feels somewhat slimy when wet.
Art Naturals Dead Sea Mud Mask for Face and Body
Spa luxury meets affordability in Art Naturals’ Dead Sea Mud Mask. In addition to Dead Sea mud from Israel and kaolin clay, it contains aloe vera, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, shea butter and calendula.
It owes its popularity to great results and the relaxing experience it provides.
- It effectively deep-cleans pores and removes blackheads.
- The formula contains 100 percent pure, organic ingredients.
- It’s free from toxic chemicals.
- The company offers a money-back guarantee.
- It has a strong natural fragrance.
- If you have sensitive skin, you may experience burning, redness and itching during use.
Conclusion: Give Your Mask a Chance to Work
Although many people get fast results, it may take several weeks of use before a clay mask shows its true capabilities. Unless it’s causing skin irritation, give your mask time to works its magic before switching to a different brand.
In the meantime, cleanse your skin faithfully by using a face wash for black heads and remove blackheads by hand if necessary.