Best Eyelash Extension Glue in 2017 – Reviews & Comparison
If you wear eyelash extensions or false eyelashes, using the right adhesive to keep them in place is essential. After all, having your eyelashes fall into your dinner plate never looks good. Red, swollen eyes aren’t attractive either, so your glue needs to be safe and mild as well as reliable.
Eyelash extensions glue is used by professional technicians while false eyelash adhesive is more widely available. Both pose a risk of eye irritation and inferior performance.
Whether you’re an experienced professional or you just want a better way to adhere your false lashes at home, finding the right lash adhesive product is no small task.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Rated Eyelash Extension Glues: Quick Comparison
- 2 Things to consider before buying Lash Extension Glue
- 3 Reviews of Top 5 Glues for Eyelash Extensions in 2017
- 4 Conclusion: Test Eyelash Extension Glue Before Use
Top Rated Eyelash Extension Glues: Quick Comparison
=> Scroll down to read detailed review of each product.
Things to consider before buying Lash Extension Glue
A great eyelash glue can solve your problems at home or work, but eyelash adhesives are not all created equal. Some are more likely to cause eye irritation, and others don’t have the staying power that you need. It’s important to do your research so that you can find the safest, most dependable product for yourself or your clients.
Here are a few things that you should consider before investing in a new lash extension glue or false lash adhesive.
- Affordability is an important factor when choosing a glue, especially if you’re using it professionally.
- Duration of wear is also a factor. For lash extensions, semi-permanent glues made specifically for extensions are best. Temporary adhesives are weaker, but they allow you to take your lashes off whenever you desire.
- A glue’s potential to cause eye irritation or an allergic reaction is extremely important. If you have sensitive eyes or you’ll be using the product on others, look for a brand that puts safety first.
Reviews of Top 5 Glues for Eyelash Extensions in 2017
Nikkilash Badass Strongest Bond Eyelash Extension Glue
Badass is a professional eyelash extension glue, designed for use with eyelash extensions, and it should only be used by esthetician or cosmetologist who has sufficient training. The extra-strength formula is the strongest on the market. It provides a reliable bond within two to three seconds and lasts for up to seven weeks.
- Provides the strongest bond available in the professional market
- Touch-ups are only required every five to seven weeks
- Not intended for application on skin or eyelid
- Latex- and formaldehyde-free formula
- Black pigment enhances lash line and blends seamlessly with dark natural lashes
- Fast bonding
- Easy to apply
- Low-fume formula
- Excellent lash retention
- Improves look of natural lashes
- Improper use can cause eye burning or irritation
- Strong bond may lead to minor eyelash loss
- Product may become unusable shortly after opening
Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive
From one of the most notable and popular cosmetic companies, Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive performs as you would expect; it delivers excellent hold for full or partial false lashes and removes easily with eye makeup remover and water. Diehard Revlon fans and new users alike love its easy application and reliable performance throughout the day.
- Affordably priced product
- Goes on easily and dries clear
- Container designed to ensure mess-proof application
- Includes ultra-thin applicator brush
- Well-known and reputable brand
- Hold that lasts throughout the day
- Light consistency
- A little goes a long way
- Ideal for people with latex allergies
- Adhesive may dry up easily due to slight package defect
- More expensive than some brands in its class
- Takes a long time to dry after application
- May cause watery eyes for some users
Cardani Secure Hold Glue for False Eyelashes
Designed to be gentle while still providing powerful hold, Cardani’s Secure Hold Glue for False Eyelashes is a hit with many casual lash-wearers. It offers worry-free bonding that outperforms most products within the same price range. It is not recommended for use with eyelash extensions.
- Gentle, latex free formula reduces allergic reaction risk
- Best-selling eyelash glue product
- Recommended for strip eyelashes
- Goes on easily with brush applicator and dries clear
- May also be used for false eyebrows
- Contains no sulfates, gluten or BPA
- Provides a hold that lasts for days
- Few reports of eye irritation
- Less sticky than other glues
- Vegan and cruelty-free product
- Takes longer to dry than some brands
- Watery, thin texture
- Certain types of makeup may reduce its bonding power
- Some users notice clumping after several hours of wear
Kiss I Envy Super Strong Hold Eyelash Adhesive
Kiss I Envy Super Strong Hold adhesive is intended for use with false lashes. The product offers more hold and less eye irritation at a budget-friendly price. Users appreciate its reliable performance and ability to hold tight through tears, swims and busy days.
Some lash-wearers complain about its slightly tacky feel, but others see it as a fair trade for extended wear. It makes the list for its overall performance and quality.
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Formaldehyde and latex free
- Convenient brush-on formula
- Water-resistant and sweat-proof
- Dries perfectly clear
- Has a lightweight feel
- Bottle lasts a long time
- Extremely affordable
- Provides excellent hold, but lash removal is not difficult
- Good choice for sensitive eyes
- Strong odor
- Thin consistency
- Bottle becomes messy after repeated use
- May require more than one layer to ensure hold
Blink Ultra Plus is a professional eyelash glue and should be only used with eyelash extensions, not strip lashes. A favorite of eye extension technicians, this glue provides impressive hold at a cost-effective price. Although some users report heavy fumes, the product is known for solid overall performance.
- Provides a strong bond that lasts six to eight weeks
- Two- to three-second drying time
- Low viscosity glue
- Black pigment assists in accurate application
- Provides excellent long-term hold
- Fewer touch-ups needed after application of full sets
- Lash extension clients report overall satisfaction and good lash retention
- Less clumping and damage to natural eyelashes
- Provides precise control for applying extensions
- Produces extremely strong fumes
- May cause severe irritation if applied to skin
- Contains formaldehyde
- Longer drying time
- Not a good choice for sensitive eyes
Conclusion: Test Eyelash Extension Glue Before Use
Using a new brand of eyelash extension glue always involves some degree of risk. Before you use one for the first time, do a patch test. Attach one single eyelash extension, and wait 24 hours to see if you have a negative reaction. If there’s no blistering, itching, redness or swelling, it’s safe to proceed with the full set.