8 Best Tanning Bed Lotion for Darkest Tan Possible in 2017 Reviewed
Is the exotic, sensual look of a deep, dark, bronze body something that you long for but can’t achieve because of your busy schedule or genetic factors? Unless your skin is extremely fair or sensitive, it may be possible to fulfill your desire for the ultimate head-turning, jaw-dropping tan. You might just need a little help.
If you don’t want to tan outdoors, you can get a great tan by using a tanning bed. However, if your time or budget is limited, or your skin isn’t cooperating, there’s still hope.
To get the darkest tan possible, you just have to call for backup.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Rated Tanning Bed Lotions for the Darkest Tan Possible: Quick Comparison
- 2 The Deep, Dark Tan Solution: Tanning Bed Lotions
- 3 Reviews of Top 8 Tanning Bed Lotions for the Darkest Tan Possible in 2017
- 3.1 Millennium Solid 100X Indoor Tanning Lotion
- 3.2 Designer Skin Luminary Bronzer
- 3.3 Millennium Tanning Paint It Black Lotion
- 3.4 Millennium Insanely Black Ultra Dark Bronzer
- 3.5 Australian Gold Sinfully Black
- 3.6 Australian Gold Jwoww Black Bronzer
- 3.7 Sun Laboratories Dark Sunsation Self-Tanning Lotion
- 3.8 Designer Skin Black
- 4 Conclusion: Use Tanning Bed Lotions Safely
Top Rated Tanning Bed Lotions for the Darkest Tan Possible: Quick Comparison
=> Scroll down to read detailed review of each product.
The Deep, Dark Tan Solution: Tanning Bed Lotions
Tanning bed lotions, also called tan accelerators, work by enhancing your skin’s ability to produce melanin, a natural enzyme that is responsible for deepening your skin color. A good tan accelerator maximizes the depth of your tan while minimizing the time you need to use a tanning bed.
As with any beauty product, there are certain characteristics you should look for before you buy.
- Read product labels carefully to make sure that any lotion you use is suitable for your skin type. If you have a fair skin, go for a tanning bed lotion for fair skin type.
- Most tanning bed lotions contain ingredients that increase oxygen levels in your skin to enhance tanning. The process produces a tingling sensation; if it bothers you, lotions without these ingredients are available.
- Look for a brand that doesn’t strain your budget. With so many products available, it can be difficult to choose one.
Reviews of Top 8 Tanning Bed Lotions for the Darkest Tan Possible in 2017
To help you save some time and research, here are eight proven tanning bed lotions that can help you get a deep, exotic tan that goes far beyond everyday bronze.
Millennium Solid 100X Indoor Tanning Lotion
The New Solid Black 100X Ultra Avance Silicone Bronzer is a perfect bronzer from Millennium, for those who need a dark tan. Just apply it once, hit your tanning bed and you will see a difference. A piece of advice before you use it, apply it on a small patch of skin and make sure that it does not react.
It is definitely one of the best dark tanning lotions to achieve a great and long lasting tan in a short period of time.
- Gives a great tan in couple of sessions
- Moisturizers leave skin soft
- Silicone Bronzer auto-darkening technology for great color
- Smells great
- May react with your skin and leave rashes
- Contains parabens
Designer Skin Luminary Bronzer
Luminary private reserve bronzer uses advanced technology to provide both excellent skin care and bold bronzing capability at the same time. Its popularity is due to its ability to produce a richer, more radiant tan while keeping skin hydrated, nurtured and protected.
- It contains ingredients that help promote skin elasticity and fight free radical damage.
- It produces intense color in a short amount of time.
- Your deep tan will last longer because of its hydrating effects.
- It smells amazing.
- If you prefer a natural look, be aware that this product leaves a shimmer on your skin.
- The strong fragrance may irritate sensitive skin or cause respiratory allergy symptoms.
Millennium Tanning Paint It Black Lotion
With its rich, hydrating silicone emulsion formula, its intense results and its fresh cotton blossom fragrance, Paint It Black has become a favorite among power-tanners. The all-day moisturizing formula contains several natural ingredients including green tea, melon, hemp seed oil and walnut leaf extract.
It gives a dark, intense and lasting tan without bronzers.
- Paint It Black does not cause a tingling sensation on the skin, so it’s a great choice for those who find the feeling to be unpleasant.
- It produces intense, consistent and natural-looking results.
- The lotion feels smooth and silky on your skin.
- Because it lacks ingredients that increase oxygen delivery to your skin, it may be slightly less effective than it could be.
- It contains parabens.
Millennium Insanely Black Ultra Dark Bronzer
Millennium warns that its mega-tingle formula is not for the faint-hearted, but its brave fans don’t hesitate to sing its praises. Designed to break barriers for those who won’t settle for a mediocre tan, the skin-firming, over-the-top formula delivers the goods.
- For most users, it produces intense results as promised.
- You can expect dark, rich color in a short amount of time.
- The unique blackberry-citrus fragrance is pleasant.
- It contains ingredients to support skin health.
- Some users may describe the intense tingling sensation as uncomfortable burning.
- It’s a potent product and not recommended for sensitive skin.
- The formula contains parabens.
Australian Gold Sinfully Black
Sinfully Black’s popularity can be explained by its great price despite its list of premium ingredients. With 15x deep bronzing capability and an impressive list of natural skincare oils, it’s a low-risk bronzer that’s well worth a try.
- It contains great moisturizers like kukui nut oil, hemp seed oil and sunflower oil.
- Despite the multiple oils, it’s not greasy or sticky.
- It’s an affordable option. You get results without a huge investment.
- The strong berry fragrance may not be everyone’s favorite.
- The consistency of the lotion is somewhat thin.
- Not everyone gets consistent results.
Australian Gold Jwoww Black Bronzer
Another cost-effective choice from Australian Gold, Jwoww was designed with sensuality in mind. The extreme bronzer takes tanning to a new level. It uses kukui nut oil, hemp seed extract, walnut shell extract and black currant to prepare your skin to receive the darkest possible color.
- It’s an affordable favorite that gives many people the intense results they want.
- It leaves skin feeling soft, silky and touchable.
- It has a rich, sexy fragrance.
- It doesn’t work for everyone and may not produce results quickly.
- If your skin is sensitive, the fragrance ingredients may cause irritation or breakouts.
- The formula contains parabens.
Sun Laboratories Dark Sunsation Self-Tanning Lotion
The only self-tanner on the list, this sugar-based formula creates dark tones without any sun exposure or tanning bed use whatsoever. It’s affordable, effective and made for people who want more depth than self-tanners can usually provide.
- The lotion’s dark tint serves as an application guide to help you achieve even coverage.
- You get results at home in three hours.
- Unlike some self-tanners, it doesn’t produce orange tones.
- No UV exposure is necessary to get intense results.
- It can be messy and leave a pasty feeling on your skin.
- It has a strong fragrance that may irritate sensitive skin.
- If you don’t apply it quickly, it may produce unsightly streaks.
Designer Skin Black
Another favorite from Designer Skin, Black features a smooth, luxurious silicone-based formula that delivers rich, deep bronze color. It’s a top seller in tanning salons because it offers reliable results, a great user experience and attractive packaging.
- The deep color this lotion imparts looks natural and even.
- Results develop quickly but predictably.
- The citrus fragrance is fresh and pleasant.
- It may not work well for some skin types.
- The lotion may roll into pills after drying on the skin.
- Some streaking may occur.
- The product may be expensive if you purchase it at a tanning salon.
Conclusion: Use Tanning Bed Lotions Safely
As beautiful as a deep, dark tan can be, it’s important to protect the health of your skin. If a product isn’t giving you the results you desire, you may be tempted to spend more time in the tanning salon or outdoors to compensate. Play it safe; try a different product instead.