Best Tanning Bed Lotion for Fair Skin – Popular Product Reviews 2017
If you have fair skin or pale complexion, summer presents a few special challenges. You want to look great in your swimwear, but after a long winter, your legs are several shades lighter than you want them to be.
Because the sun’s ultraviolet rays are particularly dangerous for those of us with fairer skin tones, you don’t want to risk darkening your skin the old-fashioned way.
Extensive indoor tanning bed sessions can be costly and time-consuming and fair-skinned users don’t always get the results they want.
Don’t worry; there’s a solution for even the fairest of maidens.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Rated Tanning Bed Lotions for Fair Skin: Quick Comparison
- 2 Your Fair Skin Solution: Indoor Tanning Lotion in a Bottle
- 3 Top 3 Indoor Tanning Lotions for Fair Skin – 2017 Reviews
- 4 Conclusion: Don’t Panic if Your First Try Is a Bust
Top Rated Tanning Bed Lotions for Fair Skin: Quick Comparison
=> Scroll down to read detailed review of each product.
Your Fair Skin Solution: Indoor Tanning Lotion in a Bottle
Self-tanning lotions and tanning bed accelerators can give you the sun-washed look you want with few or no health risks, but all products aren’t created equal. You’ve probably heard horror stories about streaks and discoloration, but today’s advanced formulas produce more natural-looking results than those of the past.
Here are the qualities you should seek.
- The product label should clearly indicate that the lotion is designed for fair skin. Avoid lotions made for darker skin; you don’t want to look like an angry, burnt carrot.
- If you have oily skin, avoid products containing heavy moisturizers or oils.
- Look for fragrance-free products if you have sensitive skin.
- Choose a product within your budget range so that you can afford to maintain your great look.
Top 3 Indoor Tanning Lotions for Fair Skin – 2017 Reviews
When you start searching for the best self-tanners and tanning bed lotions, you’ll quickly discover that there are hundreds of options. Fortunately, fair-skinned beauties before you have narrowed those down to a select few.Here are five top contenders.
New Sunshine Designer Skin Belle
Designer Skin Belle is a tan accelerator that is sold at many tanning salons. It works by targeting the natural melanin in fair skin to achieve darker color. Natural ingredients like caramel and banana further enhance its performance.
- The lotion produces results almost immediately when used in conjunction with a tanning bed.
- It has a delicious, sangria-like fragrance.
- It can be used on any skin tone.
- It is easy to apply and has a smooth, rich Consistency.
- It doesn’t produce orange tones.
- The packaging is beautiful. You may be tempted to leave it on display.
- It requires sunlight exposure or a tanning bed to work.
- It tends to be expensive if purchased at a salon.
- Users with medium to dark skin tones may not see significant results.
- After using the product,some people experience mild skin flaking.
- Results may plateau after long-term use.
Thermalabs Natural Self Tanner Sunless Tanning Lotion
Another popular pick from Thermalabs is the Natural Self Tanner. Designed for medium, dark and fair skin, it performs equally well across a range of users.
It offers the same satisfaction guarantee, and the convenient formula works overnight without compromising Consistent performance.
- The lotion is designed for facial use as well as use on the body, so you won’t have to buy a separate product to get a bronze complexion.
- Like other products from Thermalabs, it contains a number of natural and organic ingredients to enhance performance and skin health.
- It blends well and absorbs quickly.
- If you have fair skin, you may obtain great results with only one use.
- The tan produced by this lotion may last up to two weeks.
- The fragrant natural ingredients may irritate sensitive skin.
- It’s more expensive than mainstream self tanners.
Art Naturals Organic Self Tanner Sunless Tanning Lotion
Art Naturals Organic Self Tanner is made for people who prefer natural, healthy products without unwanted chemicals. The kit enables you build your tan gradually, which helps you avoid streaks and uneven areas. It includes lotion and an applicator mitt.
- It’s made for fair, light and medium skin, so it’s perfect for those with in-between skin tones.
- It’s appropriate for people with sensitive skin.
- The mitt accessory is convenient and makes application easy.
- It’s BPA-free, paraben-free and cruelty-free.
- The lotion produces a natural, golden glow.
- The formula’s jojoba oil may be too heavy for oily skin.
- Some fair-skinned users may find it difficult to build color gradually.
- While it’s less likely to cause streaking than some brands, it may still occur if you don’t ensure even coverage.
Conclusion: Don’t Panic if Your First Try Is a Bust
Everyone’s skin tone and body chemistry is different. What produces awesome results for one person might not work for another. If you’re not happy with the initial results of a self-tanning lotion, take comfort in knowing that the effects are temporary and will fade in a few days.
If you want a darker tan, check out our guide on tanning bed lotion for darkest tan possible. Before making a selection, make sure to check for you skin type.