7 Best Argan Oils for Hair in 2018 – Our Top Picks
If your hair is frizzy, dry, dull and difficult to manage, you’ve probably tried every shampoo and conditioner imaginable, but your answer might lie in a simple, natural oil derived from the kernels of the Moroccan argan tree.
Also called Argania Spinosa, argan oil has taken the hair care market by storm. Hairdressers often refer to it as liquid gold. Argan oil contains beneficial fatty acids and vitamin E, and it’s proven to make hair softer, shinier and smoother after just one application.
Just a few drops of the rich, intensely moisturizing oil can transform dry, listless hair into shiny, runway-ready tresses. With regular use, you may even experience cumulative effects. In short, argan oil can be your ultimate hair makeover tool.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Rated Argan Oil for Hair in 2018: Quick Comparison
- 2 Solution: Find the Best Argan Oil Products
- 3 Reviews of 7 Top Argan Oils for Hair in 2018
- 4 Conclusion: Get the Best Results With Consistent Use
Top Rated Argan Oil for Hair in 2018: Quick Comparison
|Product Name||Highlights||Rating||Number of Reviews|
|PURA D'OR Moroccan Argan Oil||100% Pure Organic, USDA Organic, Pesticide-Free||5350+|
|InstaNatural Organic Argan Oil||100% Pure Organic, USDA & ECOCERT Certified||2350+|
|Aria Starr Beauty Organic Argan Oil||100% Pure EcoCert Certified, Moroccan Ancient Beauty Secret||3250+|
|Radha Beauty Moroccan Argan Oil||100% Pure Argan Oil, USDA Certified, High Quality Dropper||2500+|
|Majestic Pure Moroccan Argan Oil||100% Natural, TRIPE EXTRA VIRGIN Grade 1 with FAR||1550+|
|Foxbrim Organic Argan Oil||100% Pure Unrefined Virgin Moroccan Oil, USDA Certified||1950+|
|Arvazallia Argan Oil||Premium Salon Leave in Treatment & Conditioner||1600+|
=> Scroll down to read detailed review of each product.
Solution: Find the Best Argan Oil Products
Many products contain argan oil, but not all perform equally well. Some include additional ingredients to smooth and pamper hair, but others simply contain fillers to cut production cost. Here are a few things you should look for when shopping for an argan oil hair treatment.
- Brand reputation is important, and you’re more likely to find a reliable, high-quality argan oil product when you limit your choices to well-known hair care companies.
- Cold-pressed, certified organic argan oil is superior.
- Products that are not 100 percent pure may contain carrier oils that could diminish the performance of argan oil or change its properties.
- While you shouldn’t base your decision on price alone, it’s important to choose a product that fits into your budget.
Reviews of 7 Top Argan Oils for Hair in 2018
We’ve made your quest for the perfect argan oil easier by doing a little research. Here are our top seven picks for best argan oil hair product.
PURA D’OR Moroccan Argan Oil
From PURA D’OR, this Moroccan argan oil is of exceptional quality. It’s undiluted and unaltered, and it’s manufactured with the highest industry standards. Users note that it can restore hair moisture and produce beautiful results even in small amounts.
- 100 percent pure argan oil
- USDA certified organic
- No artificial colors or harmful chemicals
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Smooths, softens and rejuvenates dry hair
- Reliable and consistent quality
- Assists in hair growth
- Provides heat protection
- May be too heavy for fine or oily hair
- Some users don’t like the natural smell
- More expensive than drug store serums
InstaNatural Organic Argan Oil
InstaNatural Organic Argan Oil is produced in small batches to ensure premium quality and exceptional results. Users love its ability to hydrate and soften hair, relieve scalp dryness and itching, strengthen the hair shaft and aid in perfecting sleek, smooth hairstyles.
- Pure and certified organic
- For use on hair, nails, scalp and skin
- Convenient pump dispenser
- Moisturizes and conditions hair deeply
- Tames stubborn frizz
- No preservatives or chemical additives
- Some users report a chemical-like or rancid odor
- May not be appropriate for oily hair
- Some users have experienced skin breakouts when using the product as a moisturizer
Aria Starr Beauty Organic Argan Oil
Aria Starr Beauty’s Organic Argan Oil mends split ends, smooths frizz, and gives hair a beautiful shine while improving scalp health. It has no filler ingredients or additives, and it’s available at an affordable price. Users love the way this oil feels on the hair and skin.
- Dark glass bottle limits light exposure to ensure maximum quality
- EcoCert certified organic product
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Backed by one-year satisfaction guarantee
- Makes hair exceptionally smooth and manageable
- Imparts lasting shine
- Can also be used on cuticles, skin and nails
- Improved hair health in only days
- Some users do not like the natural argan oil fragrance
- Dropper and packaging may leak
- May be difficult for skin to absorb
Radha Beauty Moroccan Argan Oil for Hair
From Radha Beauty, this Moroccan argan oil product is popular for its modest price, its effectiveness in smoothing and moisturizing hair and its high-grade quality assurance. It can be used on skin, nails and cuticles in addition to hair.
- USDA certified organic
- 100 percent pure, cold-pressed argan oil
- No unnecessary additives
- Manufacturer offers money-back guarantee
- Includes convenient dropper for easy dispensing
- Great for dry hair, scalp and skin
- Imparts lustrous shine and improves overall hair health
- Doesn’t clog pores
- May have an unusual odor
- Heavy texture may not be suitable for fine hair
- Users report errors in text on product label
Majestic Pure Moroccan Argan Oil for Hair and Skin
Cold-pressed, organic and rich in natural fatty acids, vitamin E and omega-6, this antioxidant powerhouse combats frizzy hair, dry scalp, split ends, breakage and dull hair appearance. It absorbs quickly and penetrates deeply to resolve hair and skin problems within days or weeks.
- Extra virgin grade argan oil
- No additives
- Cold-pressed and certified organic
- Great for dry, brittle hair
- Restores life to color-treated and chemically processed hair
- Can also be used on skin and nails
- Smooths, softens and locks in moisture
- Plastic dropper may leak
- Some users report unusually strong odor
- May seem greasier than some other brands
Foxbrim 100 Percent Pure Organic Argan Oil
Foxbrim Pure Organic Argan Oil is sourced in small batches and imported from Morocco. It has a fresh, light and clean feel, and it’s popular for its ease of use and its great price. With vitamin E, antioxidants and fatty acids, it can make dry, brittle hair soft, smooth and luxurious.
- USDA certified organic
- Hydrates skin, hair and nails for long-lasting results
- Full satisfaction is guaranteed
- Meets the highest purity and quality standards
- Boasts anti-inflammatory properties
- Loosens tangles and diminishes the appearance of split ends
- Gentle to sensitive skin
- May appear cloudy due to sediment
- Strong odor
- Seems thinner than other argan oils
Arvazallia Argan Oil for Hair Treatment
Arvazallia Argan Oil is a leave-in hair treatment that combines cosmetic grade argan oil with silicone to produce an appealing product that delivers the effects of both ingredients. Argan oil purists don’t like the chemical ingredients, but other users applaud the product’s effectiveness.
- Made from highest cosmetic grade argan oil
- Promotes hair growth
- Protects against frizz and heat damage
- Part of a branded system that includes other argan oil products
- Helps to release tangles
- Imparts luster and shine that lasts all day
- Makes damaged hair feel soft and smooth again
- Strong artificial fragrance
- Contains silicone and other chemical ingredients
- May cause thin hair to feel weighted
Conclusion: Get the Best Results With Consistent Use
Argan oil produces immediate effects, but it works even better when you use it regularly. If possible, stick to the same brand, and apply it every time you wash your hair. If you notice an oily buildup or flat appearance between shampoos, you may be using too much.