5 Best Face Wash for Blackheads and Large Pores – Top Picks of 2018
Have you ever felt inferior because you don’t have the smooth, perfect complexion of a model? Don’t waste your tears. If you take away the smoke, mirrors, airbrushes and Photoshop edits, they all have big, glaring pores and blackheads just like the rest of us.
You don’t have much control over the size of your pores. Genetic factors have a lot to do with it. It’s a problem that can follow you through life: at puberty, oily skin caused by hormonal changes leads to clogged pores and makes blackheads worse, and when you get older, loss of skin elasticity transforms pores into moon craters.
Table of Contents
- 1 Face Wash for Large Pores and Blackheads: Quick Comparison
- 2 Your Solution for Blackheads and Large Pores
- 3 5 Best Cleansers for Large Pores and Blackheads Reviews 2018
- 4 Conclusion: Let Your Results Guide You
Face Wash for Large Pores and Blackheads: Quick Comparison
|Product Name||Highlights||Rating||Number of Reviews|
|Alba Botanica Acnedote Deep Pore Wash||2% Salicylic Acid, No Parabens||650+|
|Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser||2% Salicylic Acid||250+|
|Exfoliating Cleanser by Beauty Facial Extreme||Salicylic Acid, Papaya Enzymes||350+|
|Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser||Soap Free, Non-comedogenic||20+|
|Facentials All-Natural Facial Cleanser||Activated Charcoal & Green Tea Extract||200+|
=> Scroll down to read detailed review of each product.
Your Solution for Blackheads and Large Pores
Fortunately, there are ways to minimize the appearance of pores and reduce the number of blackheads on your face at any age. A great face wash is a must-have weapon in your arsenal. Before buying any face wash to treat your pores, you should look for the following attributes:
- The product should be oil-free so that it doesn’t clog pores.
- It should be gentle and non-drying and should provide an enjoyable washing experience.
- It should contain exfoliating ingredients to rid your skin of dead skin cells.
- It should not irritate your skin.
- It should fit within your budget so that ongoing treatment is possible.
All the aforementioned tips will help you choose the best face wash for blackheads and large pores and in not time you will get a spotless face.
5 Best Cleansers for Large Pores and Blackheads Reviews 2018
Choosing the perfect product might seem overwhelming at first, but once you weed out the products that aren’t right for you, it’s really not so difficult. I’ve tried quite a few face washes to treat my own large pores and blackheads, so I can help. Here are top picks for you to consider.
Alba Botanica Acnedote Deep Pore Wash
Acnedote Deep Pore Wash offers effective pore-cleansing and exfoliation without all the stuff you don’t need. Alba Botanica’s refusal to test on animals and use of natural ingredients makes it popular among those of us who care about the environment.
- It’s vegetarian and doesn’t contain parabens and other questionable ingredients that many people avoid. It doesn’t even use synthetic fragrances.
- Although it costs more, it’s economical. A little goes a long way.
- It contains ground walnut shell, which is a great natural exfoliator.
- It cleans and loosens blackheads effectively without tons of chemicals, and yet it still foams well.
- The formula can cause dryness, irritation, redness and peeling if your skin is sensitive.
- It doesn’t improve the appearance of large pores.
- The minty fragrance is nice, but it may cause stinging.
Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser
Designed to treat clogged pores and prevent new blackheads from forming, Biore’s self-warming face wash contains two percent salicylic acid, zeolite clay, microbeads and common skin cleansers. Biore is famous for its pore-cleansing nose and facial strips, so the popularity of its face wash is understandable.
- The self-heating formula opens pores and feels great.
- The product makes it easier to remove existing blackheads.
- It provides results relatively quickly with regular use.
- The zeolite clay removes toxins and impurities from your skin.
- It has a fresh, pleasant fragrance.
- The high salicylic acid content may irritate or dry your skin, especially if it’s sensitive.
- The product can feel surprisingly hot at first, and this may be uncomfortable for some people.
- It contains plastic microbeads, so it gets points deducted for not being environmentally friendly.
Exfoliating Cleanser by Beauty Facial Extreme
It’s sold as an acne treatment, but this exfoliating cleanser works well for anyone who wants to keep their pores clean and clear. The formula is based on acne-fighting medication and gentle exfoliating ingredients. Although you may have trouble finding the brand in your local drugstore, it’s easy to find at major online retail outlets.
- It measurably reduces breakouts and keeps pores clear.
- It doesn’t contain the bad stuff such as sulfates, parabens and artificial dyes.
- It’s pricey but lasts a long time.
- It leaves your face feeling noticeably silky and soft.
- The antioxidants in its formula can potentially improve your overall skin health.
- It doesn’t have a strong fragrance, so it’s a safer choice for sensitive skin.
- The manufacturer’s claims seem a bit excessive.
- It doesn’t produce a lot of lather.
- It contains benzoyl peroxide, which can trigger allergic reactions and skin irritation in some people.
Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser
According to the manufacturer, Neutrogena’s Pore Refining Cleanser can reduce the appearance of pores by up to 50 percent in one week. Although such dramatic results may not happen for everyone, the popular and well-known brand’s many loyal followers have made it a staple of their skincare routines.
- The exfoliating granules in the cleanser strike a good balance between roughness and comfort. If you like the feel of a good scrub, it’s satisfying.
- BHA and AHA both help to exfoliate skin, which prevents breakouts and improves skin appearance.
- The formula is specifically designed to minimize the appearance of pores, and with regular use, it does deliver results.
- Daily use could damage delicate skin.
- Its chemical ingredients may cause irritation.
- A 50 percent reduction in pore appearance is probably not a reasonable expectation for most people.
Facentials All-Natural Facial Cleanser
Facentials Facial Cleanser uses a unique approach to cleanse and purify your skin. The activated charcoal and green tea extract help draw out toxins and nourish skin cells while the gentle cleansers unclog pores and rejuvenate the skin. Loyal fans of the brand appreciate its green ethics and its money-back guarantee.
- It’s not as drying as similar products.
- It addresses the problem of toxins that can contribute to the aging process, so it can potentially have a real effect on your enlarged pores.
- It contains certified organic ingredients.
- It doesn’t contain unwanted sulfates, dyes or parabens.
- It prevents breakouts and loosens blackheads.
- The natural fragrance ingredients can irritate sensitive skin.
- If you have extremely oily skin, you may find that the product doesn’t leave your face feeling as clean or tingly as other brands do.
Conclusion: Let Your Results Guide You
Don’t be afraid to try more than one product if your first pick doesn’t do the trick. Different face washes work for different people. If a product is working beautifully but you also notice redness, peeling, itching or irritation, try using it only once or twice a week.