7 Best Pigmented Eyeshadow Palette – Top Picks of 2018
Your eye makeup reflects your personality, so you want it to be as bold and adventurous as you are. Sheer, soft eye shadow colors that are barely visible might be suitable for some occasions, but to show your versatility and your vibrant side, you need highly pigmented eye shadows that deliver your message loud and clear.
Eye shadow collections often come in sets of three or four shades that are meant to be used together. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be creative, their limitations stifle your attempts to venture outside of your makeup comfort zone. Sometimes you just need more options.
Table of Contents
- 1 Most Pigmented Eyeshadow Palette in 2018: Quick Comparison
- 2 Solution: Find a Big, Bold, Highly Pigmented Palette
- 3 Top 7 Highly Pigmented Eyeshadow Palettes Reviews
- 3.1 Lorac PRO Palette
- 3.2 Lamora Professional Nudes Best Pro Eye shadow Palette Makeup
- 3.3 Morphe Pro 35 Color Eye shadow Makeup Warm Palette
- 3.4 Coastal Scents 252 Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette
- 3.5 Shany Natural Fusion Eye shadow 88-Color Nude Palette
- 3.6 Sleek Highlighter Eye Palette Solstice
- 3.7 L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Colour Riche La Palette Nude 01
- 4 Conclusion: Don’t Shy Away From Larger Color Ranges
Most Pigmented Eyeshadow Palette in 2018: Quick Comparison
|Product Name||Highlights||Rating||Number of Reviews|
|LORAC PRO||16 Ultra Pigmented Eye Shadows||900+|
|Lamora Pro||16 Colors, Highly Pigmented Professional Nudes||700+|
|Morphe Pro||35 Colors, Warm Colors, Natural Looks||1000+|
|Coastal Scents||252 Colors, Long Lasting, Portable Tray||1000+|
|SHANY Natural Fusion||88 Colors, Nudes, Matte & Ultra Shimmer||1600+|
|Sleek Highlighter||Work as both Face & Body Highlighter||50+|
|L'Oreal Colour Riche La Palette||10 Highly Pigmented Nude Shadows||250+|
=> Scroll down to read detailed review of each product.
Solution: Find a Big, Bold, Highly Pigmented Palette
Highly pigmented eye shadows boast the deep color and rich texture that you need to transform your plain makeup looks into intense, glamorous ones. They go on smooth and produce bold, long-wearing looks that won’t go unnoticed. If you don’t already have a number of eye shadows in your collection, choosing a versatile palette with a wide variety of hues is a smart choice.
Choosing the best pigmented eyeshadow palette among tons of products can be tricky. Here are a few things to consider before buying.
- Although palettes should provide a range of colors, avoid collections containing many colors that won’t complement your skin tone. If you never use half of the product’s contents, you’re wasting money.
- Choose a product with packaging that fits into your makeup routine. If you apply eye shadow on the go, you may want to avoid large or bulky packaging.
- If you have sensitive eyes, check ingredients lists for possible irritants and allergens.
- Don’t assume that more expensive brands will perform better.
Top 7 Highly Pigmented Eyeshadow Palettes Reviews
Lorac PRO Palette
Lorac’s beautiful collection of shimmery and matte shadows offers professional-quality performance and plenty of versatility. Shadows can be used wet or dry as eyeliner, contour shades and brow color. Premium ingredients and exceptional quality make the 16-color super-palette an incredible value and a top-selling product.
- Contains soothing botanical ingredients
- Includes eye shadow primer
- Developed by makeup artist Carol Shaw
- No sulfates, petroleum-based chemicals GMOs or triclosan
- Use wet or dry
- Ideal collection of complementary shades; none go to waste
- Velvety texture
- Richly pigmented and vibrant
- Color lasts all day
- Shadows are soft and break easily with impact
- Shimmery shades produce some fallout
Lamora Professional Nudes Best Pro Eye shadow Palette Makeup
Lamora’s collection of warm, natural colors is perfect for every look from dramatic smoky eye to sun-kissed angel. Unlike some palettes, each color is useful and serves a purpose. Overall great quality and ideal pricing make it a favorite.
- Collection of 16 matte and shimmer eye shadows
- Natural, neutral colors
- Talc- and mica-based
- Affordably priced
- Great transitional colors for all seasons
- Most shades are highly pigmented
- Provides a complementary color for every item in your wardrobe
- Vibrant shades
- Some shades are powdery and produce fallout
- Doesn’t mix well with water
Morphe Pro 35 Color Eye shadow Makeup Warm Palette
With 35 rich, warm, highly pigmented shades, this Morphe Pro 35 collection allows you to create natural, dramatic, simple or whimsical looks without changing palettes. The soft, blendable nature and easy application make these eye shadows popular with serious makeup artists.
- Intense natural and day-to-evening colors
- Made with high-quality mineral oil
- Includes matte and shimmer shades
- Professional quality at a lower price
- Easy to apply
- Little powdery fallout
- Includes shades that pop and contrast with the rest
- Shadows are soft and may break easily
- Some colors are highly pigmented and others are not
- Diverse collection of shades may not all be usable for some skin colors
Coastal Scents 252 Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette
Coastal Scents’ huge 252-shade collection is a great starter kit for makeup artists. The richly pigmented shadows deliver solid performance, but some of the many colors may go to waste because they cover such a broad spectrum.
- Three separate trays containing 84 shadows each
- Vibrant matte and shimmer colors for all skin tones and personal tastes
- Portable, compact case
- Can be used wet or dry
- Allows you to create virtually any look
- Smooth application
- Highly pigmented colors require only one brush stroke
- Great for darker skin tones
- Performs well with or without primer
- Some users report an unpleasant odor
- Large trays may be awkward in small spaces
Shany Natural Fusion Eye shadow 88-Color Nude Palette
Shany’s comprehensive color collection is designed for professional use and offers highly pigmented shadows in a practical combination of shades. Great quality drives this product’s popularity, but it’s also a favorite of animal lovers due to the company’s association with PETA.
- Includes 29 matte and 59 shimmer shadows
- Developed with professional makeup artists
- Anti-crack formulation
- Warm and neutral shades for natural looks
- No animal testing
- Colors last all day
- Soft and blendable texture
- Minimal fallout
- Requires eye shadow primer or base to produce full color
- Shadows crumble easily on impact
Sleek Highlighter Eye Palette Solstice
A beautiful and versatile product from Sleek, this face and body highlighting palette can be used to create great looks all over. Highly pigmented and rich in texture, it provides four natural-looking shades for contouring, highlighting and disguising flaws.
- Includes one cream formula, one shimmer powder and two baked powders
- Appropriate for use on all skin tones
- Designed for use on multiple areas of the face and body
- Rich formulas create professional looks
- Extremely versatile addition to your makeup collection
- Smooth application
- Compact size
- Creates gentle, luminous glow
- Limited color selection
- Contains parabens
- Not long-wearing
L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Colour Riche La Palette Nude 01
Popular for its silky textures and easily blended color selections, this palette from cosmetic giant L’Oreal Paris provides everything you need to create natural, neutral looks. Although the colors don’t include many vibrant shades, they still offer enough versatility to inspire creative combinations.
- Includes dual brush and sponge tip applicator
- Inspired by designer nude palettes
- Includes shimmery satin, buttery matte and lustrous sheen finishes
- Highly pigmented and easy to blend
- Provides all-day wear
- No glitzy colors; designed with adults in mind
- Great palette for price range
- Smooth texture
- Lighter colors are sheer
- Inferior quality brush applicator
Conclusion: Don’t Shy Away From Larger Color Ranges
Eye shadow palettes often include a few colors you don’t think you would use, but don’t count them out before trying them. When experimenting with highly pigmented colors, you may discover new looks that you never would have expected to like. Keeping all colors in play helps you to use the palette to its full potential.