Best Skin Lightening Cream for Hyperpigmentation to Fade Dark Spots
If you’re embarrassed by dark patches or spots caused by sun damage, pregnancy, hormonal changes or genetic factors, take heart.
With the exception of the extremely lucky, most women have accumulated a few skin tone imperfections over the course of their lives. Age spots, liver spots, freckles, dark splotches, darkened acne scars and many other discolorations are all linked to a common process called hyperpigmentation.
Hyperpigmentation develops when your body produces an excess of a natural pigment called melanin, which is responsible for skin color. It can happen to anyone, and it can take a major toll on your self-esteem.
Fortunately, adding a great skin lightening cream and vitamin C serum for hyperpigmentation to your beauty arsenal can help.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Skin Lightening Creams for Hyperpigmentation: Quick Comparison
- 2 Skin Lightening Creams: The Hyperpigmentation Solution
- 3 Skin Lightening Cream for Hyperpigmentation Reviews 2017
- 3.1 Mediderm WhiteDerm Potent Skin Fading Cream A+
- 3.2 Clear-N-Smooth Anti-Aging, Brightening Beauty Balm
- 3.3 Pink Madison Skin Lightening Cream
- 3.4 Pure-N-Smooth Maxi Brightener Cream
- 3.5 Beauty Facial Extreme Skin Whitening Serum
- 3.6 Everfairy BrightOn! Skin Brightening Cream
- 3.7 Shouvy Pure Gluta White Soap
- 4 Conclusion: Choose Wisely and Protect Your Results
Top Skin Lightening Creams for Hyperpigmentation: Quick Comparison
|Product Name||Highlights||Rating||Number of Reviews|
|Mediderm WhiteDerm Skin Fading Cream A+||No Hydroquinone, Sulfates or Parabens||250+|
|Clear-N-Smooth Anti-Aging Brightening Beauty Balm||SPF 18, Hyaluronic Acid, Shea Butter||50+|
|Pink Madison Skin Lightening Cream||Kojic Acid Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid||100+|
|Pure-N-Smooth Maxi Brightener Cream||SPF 4, No Parabens, Hydroquinone free||50+|
|Beauty Facial Extreme Skin Whitening Serum||Kojic Acid Vitamin C, No Harsh Chemicals||200+|
|Everfairy BrightOn! Skin Brightening Cream||Hydroquinone Free, Palm Oil, Organic Ingredients||50+|
|Shouvy Pure Gluta White Soap||Rice Milk Extract, Coconut Oil, Vitamin B3 & C||150+|
=> Scroll down to read detailed review of each product.
Skin Lightening Creams: The Hyperpigmentation Solution
Skin lightening creams, which are also called skin brighteners, fade creams or bleaching creams, lighten unsightly spots and darkened areas to make them less visible. They work by reducing the amount of melanin that is present in newly forming skin cells, and they also help remove the top layer of discolored, dead skin cells.
Here are a few things that you should know about finding the best skin lightening cream for hyperpigmentation that actually works.
- Hydroquinone is a controversial skin-bleaching ingredient used in some lightening creams. It’s best to avoid products containing this chemical unless they’re prescribed by your doctor.
- Keep in mind that creams with sunscreen help you avoid developing new areas of hyperpigmentation.
- Avoid heavy, oily creams if you’re prone to breakouts or clogged pores.
- A cream with organic ingredients and Vitamin C also helps in treatment.
Skin Lightening Cream for Hyperpigmentation Reviews 2017
With so many skin lightening creams to choose from, finding the best one can be a chore. To save you some time and effort, here are seven top performers that stand out from the rest.
Mediderm WhiteDerm Potent Skin Fading Cream A+
Mediderm’s top-selling fading cream is a favorite due to its natural ingredients such as licorice and mulberry root extracts and its skin-supporting nutrients like vitamins C, E and B5. It typically produces results in about five to eight weeks.
- It doesn’t contain parabens or hydroquinone.
- The cream goes on smoothly and absorbs into your skin quickly.
- In addition to lightening your skin, it may also reduce blemishes.
- Because it is a gentle, natural formula, it may take longer to see results.
- It may not work for severe cases of hyperpigmentation.
Clear-N-Smooth Anti-Aging, Brightening Beauty Balm
Clear-N-Smooth’s Beauty Balm works on all skin types to lighten dark areas and brighten overall skin tone. Its formula doesn’t contain many of the harsh ingredients included in some skin bleaching products, so it’s a great choice if you wish to avoid side effects.
- The formula includes broad spectrum SPF 18 sunscreen to protect your skin.
- It doesn’t contain hydroquinone or parabens.
- It can potentially lighten your skin by three to four shades in as little as three weeks.
- It contains salicylic acid, which can cause dryness or irritation of sensitive skin.
- If your skin or nose is sensitive, the fragrance may cause irritation.
Pink Madison Skin Lightening Cream
Pink Madison’s Skin Lightening Cream is relatively new to the market. It owes its popularity to satisfied customers and an impressive list of natural, effective ingredients including licorice, kojic acid, hyaluronic acid, bearberry and more.
- The product doesn’t contain hydroquinone or parabens.
- It was developed by dermatologists.
- Besides its skin lightening ingredients, it also contains anti-aging ingredients and rich moisturizers.
- The rich formula may be too oily for acne-prone skin.
- Getting maximum results may take longer than five weeks.
- The product has a strong fragrance that may irritate sensitive skin.
Pure-N-Smooth Maxi Brightener Cream
An extra-strength retinol formula and natural ingredients like green tea and licorice make Pure-N-Smooth’s Maxi Brightener Cream a hit among those who want quick results without harsh bleaching agents. It’s designed for twice-daily use on the face and body.
- The product doesn’t contain parabens or hydroquinone.
- The extra-strength formula produces visible results quickly.
- The cream goes on smoothly.
- It has a faint, pleasant fragrance.
- It includes a sunscreen ingredient.
- The cream has a heavy texture and feel; if you have oily skin, it may be too rich.
- While it’s recommended for use on any body part, it may irritate sensitive areas.
Beauty Facial Extreme Skin Whitening Serum
BFE Skin Whitening Serum contains kojic acid to even out skin tone and reduce hyperpigmentation due to various causes. It’s most effective when used with the company’s dark spot corrector cream, which contains sunscreen. You’ll see maximum lightening effects after several weeks of continued use.
- The serum may improve your skin texture.
- It’s free from hydroquinone and other harsh skin whiteners.
- The formula is especially helpful in reducing scars caused by acne.
- It has a thin consistency when compared to traditional cream formulas.
- If you have sensitive skin, you may experience mild redness and burning after application.
Everfairy BrightOn! Skin Brightening Cream
BrightOn! offers natural and organic ingredients and clinically proven results backed by a 90-day, money-back guarantee. Its formula includes kojic acid to even out skin tone and hyaluronic acid to make skin feel smoother and look more youthful. It also contains a number of supportive ingredients including licorice, green tea, aloe vera, lemon balm, jojoba oil and shea butter.
- BrightOn! has a smooth, luxurious texture that feels good on your skin.
- It doesn’t contain hydroquinone or parabens.
- It’s suitable for oily and sensitive skin.
- It may not work for everyone and may take longer to work than expected.
- The essential oils in the formula could trigger allergic reactions.
- It has a fairly strong fragrance.
Shouvy Pure Gluta White Soap
Although it’s not a cream, this unique cleansing product belongs in the list of front-runners. Shouvy Pure Gluta White Soap contains glutathione, a potent antioxidant that is popular among Asian women for lightening the complexion and improving skin texture. When used regularly, it can even out patchy skin and reduce the appearance of age spots and other discolorations.
- If you have oily skin, this product is a great non-moisturizing alternative to rich creams.
- It contains vitamins C and B3 to support skin health and encourage healing.
- Its ingredient list is simple, short and natural.
- It lathers nicely and smells great.
- If you have sensitive or dry skin, it may cause itching or redness.
- Skin lightening soaps may take longer than cream formulas to produce visible results.
Conclusion: Choose Wisely and Protect Your Results
The best way to win your war against frustrating hyperpigmentation is to use creams that are effective without harming your skin or risking your health. Beware of products with questionable ingredients.
Once you find the best skin lightening cream for hyperpigmentation and it starts to work, be sure to protect your results by wearing sunscreen daily. Do not forget to consult your Dermatologist before using any of the products.